Re: To SPICA or not - or - ugly, ungainly monstrosity?

Just to throw my two cents in.....
I have a 74 spider and am just about finished replacing my SPCIA with a new
one.  I was getting terrible performance and was having gas mixing with my
oil.  I looked in to replacing pump with carbs because of the purely
financial reasons.
According to Centerline and IAP it would have cost about 900.00 for a new
pump (rebuilt) and about 1195.00 for the Weber conversion kit.
My feeling is of a purist perspective.  If the car came with a SPICA pump,
it was done for a reason ( I know EPA, clean air and all that,) .  I have a
friend who has a  67' Duetto with webers and I think that performance is
better with the SPICA.
If you are interested in getting a excellent deal on a pump, call Alfa
Exchange at 510-782-5800.  It is a junk yard in
outside of San Frisco.  I received a pump for 175.00 with a 90 day
warranty.

Glenn