Re: Wiper Caps

The wiper caps are indeed gray as Ian suggested.  They are not very UV
resistant, so they crumble to the white powdery form after only a couple of
years.

If you paint them, they will last much longer.  As I didn't like the
reflection off the stainless arms and wipers, I painted them black, as well as
the caps.  This was done after installing the third set (counting originals)
of caps in the first 6 years of ownership.  I painted them black and they have
lasted the 20 years since then, although the car has not set out in the sun as
much since then, but there has been no cap degradation.

John Justus
1971 1750 GTV
1995 164Q