Kenlowe Hot Start preheater

I posted:

In the USA this would require....<snip>....At 240 volt operation, it would
require a 20
amp 2 pole circuit breaker, 20 amp, 240 volt, 2 pole, 3 wire grounding
receptacle and a made to order extension cord.  All special wiring for your
block heater, which could then be plugged in only at your house.

Jim Hearnden responded:

>Not correct I am afraid for the UK. 3Kw is a standard domestic socket in the
>UK. Our kettles & some
>toasters are 3Kw, they are only single pole switched as our earth (ground)
>wire and Neutral lead are bonded
>together locally.
>This could & would run on a standard extension lead, this has a 3 pin plug
>on it with an integral 13A fuse.

I understand very well that Europe and the UK operate on a different voltage
(220 volt nominal hot to neutral), standard single pole circuit breakers and
household wiring will work very well in those geograhpical areas.  I wanted to
make it understood that this system would be inconvenient to use in the USA.
Sorry for any confusion this may have created for the world-wide community.

Loyd Heimbruch
Barnum, MN
Stella del Nord Chapter (Minnesota), AROC
70 MPH daily over snow covered roads :-)
86 Olds Cutlass Ciera (daily driver, with block heater)
91 Plymouth Grand Voyager AWD ($4500.00 damage from hitting a deer)
78 Niki Spider (in hibernation, no block heater required)