GTV6 Paint and Trim

Alfisti,

I have a couple of questions about the GTV6 models sold in the US, particularly
my 1982 model.  Firstly, I have seen a number of references to leather
upholstery being standard in these cars, at least the US-bound models.
 However, mine is quite clearly plastic (has the woven backing - easy to check
through the split seams :( ).  Was leather an option, or did this change at
some point in production?  Some of the references to standard leather are quite
authoritative.

Secondly, I have not been able to find any reliable info about the color
schemes available on these cars.  Mine is a dark charcoal/brown color.  The
sales brochures on my CarDisc show models of various years also in silver, red
and white.  Were these the only colors available for the GTV6 run, and were
they all available for all years?  I would be interested to know what paint and
interior color combos were available, ideally with the official Alfa names.  I
am currently preparing my car for bead blasting and repainting, and am thinking
of changing the color, but I would prefer to stick with an authentic production
paint shade.  I also have the (IMHO) ugly blue interior on mine - were there
any alternatives?

Sorry to ask for so much detail, but searches of FAQs, web pages etc. have
failed to yield any info.  The CarDisc purports to have a color chart but mine
comes up blank.

Many thanks,

Dave J.
1982 GTV6 (mostly stripped and distributed around my garage at present).

- --