Re: expose the B**D/the power of words

I usually do my own work, so I know exactly how much of a screw up the =
mechanic was, but... much as I truly sympathize with the outrage felt for =
poor work or treatment, I'd point folks to:

http://freedomlaw.com/HealWord.html

for some pithy and thoughtful lines on the power of words.  It seems to me =
that the final outcome was much better than I have sometimes been treated =
and makes me glad that a reputable-sounding mechanic who may have screwed =
up unintentionally did not get slandered here, where decent folks talk =
about decent cars (well ok, maybe they're fantastic, charming, beautiful. =
etc. etc)
   If you want the executive snippet from the above page (which I didn't =
write and found on an AltaVista search) here is a short quote:

"...teachings go so far as to compare cruel words to murder. A penitent =
thief can
return the money he has stolen; a murderer, no matter how sincerely he
repents, cannot restore his victim to life. Similarly, one who damage's
another's reputation through malicious gossip or who humiliates another
publicly can never fully undo the damage."

(Name withheld due to lack of perfection of the writer)