re: to SPICA or not

George,
  You didn't say what you plan to do with the car, but for most purposes my
advice would be to keep the SPICA system.  Wes Ingram can build a FI pump
to match the modifications you've done to the rest of the engine.  If the
rest of the system is in good shape, a high performance pump will be more
cost effective than converting to carbs.
Alfa used the SPICA system on the GTAm and thought it was an improvement on
carbs, so it should be good enough for your purposes, too.

Dana Loomis
72 GT Veloce