Re: 164 Hard Clutch (Clutch line dampener)

sm <scouple@domain.elided> writes...

>After looking on the 164 faq, I found some stuff about it, specifically,
>the vibration damper.   I went to find it on my car but can not locate
it.

Scott-  The early cars (pre 6/90?) don't have the dampener.  I suspect
this device was added mid-production year when the failures of the input
shaft bearing first starting occurring.  Of course, the correct fix was
using the "S" bearing which was (finally) incorporated starting with the
'92 model years B/L models.  If you don't abuse the clutch, you shouldn't
have any problem, with or without the dampener.

Brad Anesi
'91 Project 164Q 5-speed (Currently rear strut-less)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]