Rosso Alfa

John H. wrote:

"The name "Rosso Alfa", Alfa Red, is used for three
variants, 501, 530 (in the eighties on Spiders and GTV6s) and 555 (on the
Milano)."

I have a little book by Marco Matteucci ("Alfa Romeo Spider") which lists the colors the early 90s Spider came in; among them was
"130 Rosso Alfa."  I bought this book in England, I don't know if that was a regional numbering.

Also listed is a pearlescent red (179 Rosso Micalizzato); I recall having seen photos of some factory pearlescent-colored Spiders in
another book.
I'd really like to see one in the flesh.

Finally, there is a photo of a '92 in what is called Proteo Red; the upholstery is red as well, and to me looks dreadful.

- - David Rosso, I mean Ross