Re: Wild Goose Chase

>The car turned out to be a 83 GTV6, red exterior with the infamous
>Blue leather interior (Doug Sedon fav) and non-factory optional glass
>moonroof.  It was so dark at the back of the lot and the salesperson
>couldn't find a flashlight (claimed they were mighty hard to keep
>around) that I really could not tell anything else, other than the
>body appeared straight and may have had correct alloy wheels.  The
>salesman did point out it was a V6 turbo sedan,  but don't get excited
>and think it is a Callaway,  no hood scoop, but then again, I did not
>lift the hood, so maybe.....well, Doug, you want to czech this one
>out?

Sounds like typical car salesman ignorance.

First the report of it being an 83 Milano.  Geez, that one's so bad I'll
leave it alone.

Second, the description of it being a "V6 turbo sedan".  Uh-huh.  That
reminds me of looking at new Jeeps a while back and having the salesman lift
the hood, point to the 4.0 in-line 6 cyl. and say "It sure is hard to find
them with the V6".  My reply was "Especially when it's an in-line!"  He
didn't get it...

Third, I don't know if it's factory or not, but the blue interior and red
exterior doesn't sound right.  I don't know the numbers, but a large
percentage of the 83 GTV6's were silver with blue leather (I've got one of
them myself)  Ask the salesman if it was repainted.  Bet he swears on a
stack of bibles "Oh, no...it's all original!"

Sorry for the rant.  One of my pet peeves involves "professionals" who don't
know a thing about what they are doing.

Don Happel    zelatore@domain.elided
Shemp-MoDin Italian Motorsports
"It's good to go very fast" - Peter Egan

95 Magna - for commuting in traffic
83 GTV6 - for the track
78 Spider - for the street
77 Dodge van - mobile shop