74 GTV tranny pops out of gear

My red beauty has a tendency to pop out of first gear when driving through
parking lots, especially when turning. I'm suspicious that it may be
related to my removal of the little interlock device (due to failed
relays). I did jumper the pins to the starter relay so the car runs, but I
notice that there's a little "seatbelt switch at the gearbox" which might
be a tranny lock-out and might be preventing the shifter from fully
engaging first gear. Can anyone verify this and tell me how this circuit is
supposed to work?

Mike Grace
Santa Barbara
Michael P. Grace