Re: dashboard clocks and options

John H. writes:

> In Bruce's case it would seem (unless he is truly watch-bereft) that what a
> clock is for is to plug a hole.

	I am actually watch bereft.  My watch is only lacking a battery
(requires a jeweler to pop the back off) and has been resting peacefully at
the bottom of my briefcase for the last 2 years.  I really don't even miss
it.

> Besides the standard gauges found on a GTV these two catalogs offered
> voltmeters, oil temperature gauges, ambient air temperature gauges, manifold
> vacuum gauges, fuel pressure gauges, and a neat engine-hours recorder.
>Some of
> these could be used for other purposes; when the Cunninghams first went to Le
> Mans they had both transmission oil temperature gauges and differential oil
> temperature gauges, prompting a British press observation that such
> information is seldom useful and often distressing.

	Year's ago, I remember reading about Barry Goldwater's car which
had numerous gauges and one was a tail pipe temperature gauge.  Barry was
an ex-jet jockey.

"Is dis a system???"  Mr. Natural

Bruce Giller
Takoma 'Radiation-Free-Zone and Finally ReUnited' Park, Md
'73 Alfa GTV 2000
'86 Alfa Spider
'72 Moto Guzzi Eldorado