164 hard clutch

Merry Christmas all.

Having a small problem with my clutch.   As I was waiting at a traffic
light today, I pushed in my clutch and it was very difficult to do.

After looking on the 164 faq, I found some stuff about it, specifically,
the vibration damper.   I went to find it on my car but can not locate
it.

Where is it?   I followed the hydraulic line from the slave cylinder to
the bracket under the resevoir, but no vibration damper.
I am sure this is the problem as after the car sat all afternoon the
clutch was fine on the short drive home.
If anyone can help me locate it or have another suggestion, it would be
much appriciated.

Scott Mccaulley
Venice, CA