Re:164 Batteries

Dear All - I've recently replaced my '94LS's battery because it kept going
flat if I didn't use the car for a couple of days. Before I did so, I
carried a check similar to that described by Alan Lambert. I measured a
quiescent battery current of 23milliamps (or approximately one fortieth of
an amp). This means that an 'unused' 60Ah fully charged battery should last
a pretty long time if in proper working order! No problems with a new one
fitted.

A word of caution, there's a short current pulse of 2 or 3Amps when the
battery is reconnected so make sure you start with a high current setting on
manually ranged meters!

Cheers

        Graham

94 164 24V Super (LS)