Cold Killed Milano?

If you're reading posts sequentially, in my previous email I stated how happy
I am with the Milano.  Unfortunately, the car that is very good in the cold,
according the previous owner, Rich Wagner who lives a few miles from me, and
several other digesters, won't start.

It ran great all week until Friday night when we were hit by the Arctic air
that dropped the temperatures into the single digits (F).  I went out Saturday
morning to pull the wheels and have studded snows mounted, but it wouldn't
start.  It acted like it wanted to, but nothing.  My first clue is noticing a
little gasoline running down the inside edge of the air filter box and
dripping off the forward, engine side corner.  Gasoline only dripped here when
I was turning the car over.

The next possible clue is fuel pump noise.  I haven't had the car to get
accustomed to every sound it makes, but when it did start, the fuel pump would
groan.  It made noise when it first fired up, but I'm not sure if it did when
I turned it over and the engine didn't catch.  I'm not hearing any noise from
the back now, but my drip tells me I'm probably getting fuel pressure.

Could the cold have caused a fuel line to rupture?  By the way, I have plenty
of gas in the tank and I won't use starting fluid.  Thanks in advance.

Lawrence Gowin
71 GTV - Settled in for a long Winter's nap
87 Milano - Lawn Ornament
83 Volvo Turbo Wagon - Unkillable Swedish Truck