Thanks BrianS.prayers for Vito,Rosso 75 email,THULE

Greetings Alfisti!
      First,thanks to Brian Shorey about his post on how cars are sometimes
pieced together and sold as clean titled cars.That was the point I was trying
to make, (I guess in a rather convoluted way.The missus tells me if she can't
see my hands moving she can't understand what I'm saying.)Many shops have no
qualms whatsoever about piecing together cars and selling them as clean titled
cars;nobody ever knows until they get into an accident when they discover
their car disintegrating around them.
      Definitely, buyer beware.I didn't mean to offend by my post, merely to
inform.Most people simply aren't aware of what they're buying
sometimes........ My beloved Alfie has a salvage history (unbranded
title),which I didn't know until after I bought it.(2 years after I bought
it).It's performed like the wonderful car that it is;but had I known before
buying it that it had a salvage history I would have definitely been more
aggressive toward getting a better price.For the man who had the theft
recovery spider;did the police put a new VIN number on the car?In VA they give
theft recovery vehicles new VIN numbers.Curious!
          Also,all Alfisti please say a short prayer for me.Saturday is the
day I begin getting Vito ('84GTV6) ready for the road (money, time, sun,moon
and stars have all aligned,it's time).My wife and I are replacing two wiring
harnesses in the engine compartment and never having done this I am
understandably nervous........With all the info many digesters have sent to me
I feel I can do it.I paid literally next to nothing for the car(Keeping the
Gotti wheels on it for now), 85k miles, soft clutch, great interior, slightly
cooked wiring harness (positive cable from battery well cooked);it's a
keeper.Getting an oppurtunity to possibly buy another running GTV6 next week
dirt cheap,mechanicals are good,interior not so good, somewhat rusty.Anyone
needing anything,I'll announce when (or if I get it,it's at an auction)it's in
my hands and send me your parts needs.VERY reasonable prices when I get it
(gotta strip it fast, live in an apartment complex and think they'd frown on
me stripping a car in the parking lot).
         Also, anyone needing to get in touch with Bryan Carter (Rosso 75).He
just moved to a new place but doesn't have a computer and won't for a
while.Send emails to me, I'll make sure he gets them. Bryan is interested in
the Thule feet/fit kit for sale for the Milano,please send pricing and address
info.He's got a rack but no feet for it.
   Thanks to all,
Terry and Sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano gold (Alfie)
1984 GTV6 (Vito,going under the knife Saturday)