Re: A new family member

Carson wrote:

>What do you guys use for a block heater or other. The car
>doesn't have anything right now and I need to put something in before I
>bring it home. The owner says it doesn't start too good when it's cold
out,
>any ideas?

Well, it's hard to understand exactly what the owner means by "doesn't
start too good when it's cold out".  I use 20W-50 in my GTV6 all year long.
 When it's really cold out (near zero), it does turn over more slowly.  It
still starts without any problem, though.  While some form of preheater is
nice, it really shouldn't be a necessity unless you're expecting deep
subzero temps.  I would suspect that this owner either has a weak battery,
bad connections between the battery and the car, or an engine in need of
tuning.  Properly set up, my car has started without any problem in low,
single-digit temps.

Rich
Manitou Springs, CO
'82 GTV6 Balocco