Re Unmarked Cars, Zender body kits plus Alfasud wheels

- --openmail-part-06859835-00000001

RE: Nasty unmarked police cars are NOT FAIR

Jonathon - I know the feeling.  Earlier this year I was caught doing 90m=
ph in a =20
60 mph zone in Derbyshire.  To make a long story short I got a 5 week ba=
n and =20
=A3400 fine.  I had one previous conviction on my licence (just, it was =
2.5 years =20
ago) for doing 96mph on a motorway, for which I received 6 points and =A3=
150 fine.

The law is really odd in this area.  I was concerned that with my 6 poin=
ts if I =20
received another 6 points that would make 12 which is a disqualification=
 for =20
3,6,9,12 months or more.  I need my car for my job (I was caught in my c=
ompany =20
car, not my alfasud) so i was concerned that no licence, no job etc.  Ho=
wever, =20
the judge has the discretion to give short sharpshock bans normally of 2=
/3 =20
weeks duration and these carry no penalty points (although the ban is ma=
rked on =20
your licence).  I used the duty solicitor at the court and we used my jo=
b as a =20
reason not to give me 6 or more points and give me a long ban, because i=
 would =20
lose my job.  Therefore the judge went for the short sharp shock type ba=
n.  =20
However he was obviously in a bad mood because I got 5 weeks, not 2 or 3=
 which =20
I had been expecting.  However, as the judge uses his own discretion my =
story =20
may have no relevance to your court/judge what so ever - thats good old =
British =20
justice for you!  Good luck!

RE:  Zender Body Kits

There's a alfa breaker in the UK called Veloce Sport who is advertising =
that =20
theyhave for sale at the moment a complete GTV6 body kit in red for =A33=
00. The =20
number is +44 1529 469035 ( I have no connection, just thought it might =
be =20
useful)

Finally Alfasud wheels/tyres

My 1983 Sud Ti has those nasty TRX alloys and tyres.  The tyres are now =
more or =20
less worn out.  Those TRX tyres are not much good anyway, so my instinct=
 is to =20
buy another set of secondhand alloys and put new, normal, tyres on them.=
  The =20
standard size would be 5.5 x 14.  But I have seen a couple of sud's at a=
lfaday =20
with 164 TS wheels on them (which I think are 6.5 x 15) with 195-45 tyre=
s.  =20
Does anyone have experience of 15 wheels on sud's - does it destroy the =
=20
steering like all those classic car mags say.  Also my car is lowered my=
 about =20
2 inches - will I get any fouling of the arches?

Thanks for any help
Merry Christmas

Philip O'Hara
Henley-On-Thames, UK