Dead 164

Hi everyone...

Help!

Our 164 continually has problems with it's battery going flat. We
have had the alternator checked etc

The auto-electrician claims it is not unusual for this kind of car
(mentioned Porsche 928) and that we just have to drive it every day.
If we skip a day it will not start. Does anyone else experience
this???

Also, we are obviously needing to recharge the battery a lot. Is it
really necessary to disconnect the earth from the battery to the car
while recharging or can we leave it all connected?

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff