Factory shop manuals/Troubleshooting cruise control

I've owned a '79 Spider for years, but am a novice at owning a
164L. The driving experience is great! I am beginning to fix all
the little annoying glitches and was wondering what are the
pros and cons of purchasing the  three volume Alfa Romeo
shop manuals for the 1991 164, other than the expense?

At the moment, I need to troubleshoot the cruise control. I am
getting vacuum, so it must be electric? Any comments would
be appreciated

Thanks.

Larry
Va. Beach, Va.