THANKS FOR THE OFFER!

Greetings Alfisti!
       Several things for the digesters regarding my last post.First, Thanks
to Peter Krause for the offer to pay my AROC membership for the next year.(I'm
the one just starting a new job.)Sir, I have the money for that (but won't be
using it), but thanks for an EXTREMELY noble, kind,and generous offer.It is
refreshing to know that the real reason for Christmas is alive and well....
          Second,it would appear that there are others who think as I do
regarding the flame war that has recently transpired.For all,I received an
Email from Ed Mackey, the national director for AROC,who asked me to
reconsider my decision.Ed, thanks for the email .It takes a LOT to rile me
up,and this flame set me off in a big way.But, I think I'll pass on membership
for 1999.  I do NOT blame AROC as a whole, but directors with attitudes such
as this are offensive,and they are the "face" in front of the
organisation.That was one UGLY "face" to present, too.The digest simply suits
this Alfisti's needs better.AROC local chapter boozing, driving and cheese
tours don't.I was planning on getting really involved in local chapter events
after Christmas but I'll pass.
     On other,much more positive notes for Digesters in the Washington DC
area.First, for those looking for Chevron gasoline with the techroline
additive in this area,I found a station on Route 50 in Fairfax,right at
Fairfax circle.93 octane Premium is $1.10 per gallon.(To my knowledge its the
only Chevron in the northern Virginia area.)Second, my new job is repping for
a car rental company.We provide cars to people who have been in
accidents,until their cars are fixed.(It's called the insurance replacement
business).I sell and deliver rental car services to these customers in body
shops, so I am meeting a HUGE number of body shop workers and managers.A lot
of these body shop workers do freelance work using the shop's equipment,so I'm
in the process of compiling a list of names and phone numbers of these people
for digesters in the area so if anyone needs it, we can have access to body
and paint work at prices that won't leave us all in cardiac arrest.
Terry and Sharon Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano gold (Alfie)
1984 GTV6 (Vito)