Car going up

>And I recall a comment that if you cut a spring, then the car might raise-
>this is NOT true.  Yes, the spring rate increases linearly with the number
>of coils lost, but the rest height goes down the same amount...
>
>Hope this helps
>Eric Storhok

Been there, done that. Don't agree, sorry.
Car - 2 litre Giulietta (Nuova). Rear springs cut too conservatively (owner
was cautious). Ride height went up - measured before and after! My
interpretation was spring became stiffer and harder to compress for the
same load and therefore the deflection was insufficient to lower the car
even allowing for the lost length. The springs were new.

Les - Murphy's Law - the great equalizer.