re: AD v7n321 (AROC-USA Display advert on AD Home Page)

I originally wrote this for private transmission to Bernie, I have changed my
mind and wish to add my voice to the fray. My apologies to all who feel this
has gone further than it should and to Richard, who, IMHO, maintains his
priorities correctly. I am embarrassed to be associated with AROC right now.
This will pass, but not without some memory next election time.

In AD v7n321 Bernie wrote:

<snip>
>... My intent of this posting is to make you, the Alfa Digest Members, aware
of
>this situation in the hopes that your input to Richard will convince him to
>allow AROC-USA to support the AD with a banner advertisement.

<snip>

With all due respect, Bernie, an alternative outcome could be the resignation
of AROC members with their continued participation on the AD.

I have no idea why Richard has not answered your repeated requests, nor do I
care to speculate. I appreciate what my club is trying to do when offering to
advertise on the AD, Richard does have his hands full with running the digests
(all of them). And you can't MAKE someone buy advertising. It has to be a
mutually agreeable experience.

I was a little offended at the tone and manner in which you brought this to my
(and the rest of the world's attention. Frankly, it sounded a lot like
whining. Have you tried CALLING Richard? If you don't have his number, there
are a lot of AD'ers who probably do. Is he an AROC member? Could one of the
BoD's call? Maybe he's in the phone book?

This swipe at Richard is unbecoming a webmaster. Thank you for the effort to
get the AROC-USA web site up, that is appreciated. Please try a few different
avenues to reach Richard before you rip into him publicly again. And when
those fail, ask for more help off digest. I don't know what I can do, but I'd
be happy to try.

I agree that the AD is a valuable resource, let's not have it dissapear by
biting the hand that feeds us, OK?

With respect for you and your work,

Tom Callahan
NWARC