1300 mile Italian tune up

Even though he's a radical guy, I still love Bernie Z. :o)

Friday found me in an 88 Spider, headed up I-75 from Florida and then up
through the mountains on a delivery trip to an unnamed Digester (for
their protection :o) )in Pennsylvania. It's amazing how a car that has
been dormant for 18 months really tries to self destruct in 1300
miles... BUT it didn't succeed... Other than perilously slow wipers for
a while, then better, and a top that wanted to slowly detach itself, I
made it to Rancho Sedon in good form. (Rancho Sedon is a small Maryland
kibbutz which I love to stop at when I'm in the area... Friendly kids,
nice big kids and lots of Alfas and other potentially leak capable
bikes.Paradise!)Funny guy hangs around there though...Dug Sumbuddy....

Earlier in the day, before the stop at the Ranch, I had (obligated) to
go to my secret location and drive the 164 Twin Spark again... after all
I have dibs on it someday. What a mistake Alfa made not bringing that
car in to the USA. It's fun to chuck around. Besides, I had to get Jess
Liao his budvase...

I got to Philly LATE (1:30 am) and nearly died of exposure in that
ARCTIC :o) cold of 42 degrees. The heat didn't start working until
Baltimore!!! I later found out that the water pump stayed at Doug's
house...My Alfa resistant father told me upon waking at his houe, that
there was a green puddle out in front of the house. Oh well...

Sunday morning found my Dad and I dropping off the now northern Spider
at the new owners where we had a great chat and my Dad got even more
baffled because all these Alfa people seem so great! Maybe there's hope
for him yet...

The adventures continue...
- --

Bill Harkell--Tampa Florida
"Pity those who don't know the redline cry of an Alfa V-6" -Anon.
"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" -AmiSue1
Homepage: http://pw2.netcom.com/~alfabill/welcome.htm