miscellania

David Redpath writes
>Anyone know of a good custom car cover manufacturer for Spiders?

I'm happy with the cover that I bought from Big Sky Car Cover Outlet
about 3 years ago.  They are in famous Poulson, Montana...no speed
limit...no tax.
I got one made of Evolution IV semi-fitted for my Spider with storage
bag, cable and lock for about $125 complete.  It's a little bulky, but is
I use it mostly inside the garage to protect me from the neighbor's cats.
 I say "me" because then I don't have to get out the oxyacetylene torch
for the cats (Flame suit on).
Try (800) 221-4875.  They also had good prices on floor mats for the
Spider.  (no financial interest, blah blah)  (They didn't even buy an
NWARC calendar from me this year  :*)

Jeff Schwartz writes:
>It is now "officially" winter here in Mass.  and it's time to put my
>car
>away for the winter.  I'm sure this has been covered here before, but
>any
>suggestions on best storage practices.  I plan to put the car up on
>jack
>stands  as well.

I can't believe that I beat everybody to the punch on this one.  There is
a nice article by Tom Sahines available in the St. Louis AROC i saluti
site at Http:///catenary.com/victor/isaluti.  Go there and follow your
mouse to the article.

And finally:
to Ben looking for 164 Buying advice.

While I certainly don't have the technical background to give Ben advice
on this particular vehicle, I would second the suggestion that he keep
looking.  I might also suggest that he ask our One Lap Friend Bill
Harkell to keep his eye open in  the Tampa area for a reasonable car.
With Bill's starting the new job, he may have access to something that
Ben might be looking for.  Try Bill at billharkell@domain.elided

Back under my now underwater rock:
Gordy Hyde
Bothell, WA
NWARC
1987 Spider Veloce

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]