AROC,NYET!

Greetings Alfisti!
         I have watched the past few Digests with increasing disgust regarding
the flame war over adding an AROC banner to the digest.Been out of work for
two months, (just started back,thank God) and I've been holding onto my
renewal notice for membership in the AROC (comes up in December,number
38123).Didn't have the cash to renew it until now,truthfully.Unemployment is
tough..............
        After seeing this small scale flame war on the digest,my AROC renewal
notice just went into the garbage can.I won't be renewing it;AROC sends me a
magazine each month that has 1/10th of the info contained in one installment
of the Alfa digest.The digesters helped me put my clutch master cylinder back
together in a panic situation through quick,friendly and USEFUL advice and
tips (God bless all the digesters who sent help, I am eternally greatful);the
magazine collects dust.And, the digest is simply more timely.
             I applaud and congratulate Mr.Welty on his efforts for the
digest;I think the gentleman who aired his displeasure regarding lack of
response to the banner request should offer quick and sincere apologies.My
AROC membership money is available to get Mr.Welty a nice,well deserved
gift.The man has certainly earned each of our thanks,a gift would be a nice
token of appreciation...................
      I would venture to say that perhaps the monies spent on memberships to
AROC could be better used through their technical support phone lines,a
comprehensive library and the remaining monies be spent on the individual
chapters,rather than on an expensive magazine and a board of directors.
         Not interested in flaming or being flamed;merely stating an opinion.
Better pissed off than pissed on,
Terry Akins
Alexandria,VA
1987 Milano gold (alfie,running through the help of the digest)
1984 GTV6 (Vito,soon to be running through the help of the digest)