Richard Welty and AROC-USA

Folks -

The other list that I regularly read (the Leica User's Group) recently
took up a collection to purchase their list master a new Leica M6 as a
gesture of appreciation (about $1800-1900).  Rather than give Richard
grief, how 'bout we do something similar?  Any of the "eminences
grisees" want to hold the contributions (let's see: 1100 members or so,
times 50% turn-out, times even only a couple of bucks, would be enough
to get a pretty nice gift!)

I can appreciate Bernie's frustration, although venting at a guy who's
doing this as a service to a hobby becasue he loves the marque is
probably not a good move.  This is what happens when folks get too
passionate!  Let's not have everybody get their knickers in a twist -
Bernie should apologize, and let's remember that we're all supposed to
be having fun!

Bill Bain