Re: AROC-USA Display advert on AD Home Page

i kind of wish this had been done differently, although i certainly don't
have any good suggestions.

beginning in the spring of 1997, i have been working at one startup or
another. since March of this year, i've been involved in a startup network
business as part of the executive team (VP Engineering and Chief Technology
Officer); this is in addition to having a 2 year old daughter in the house.
my time is pretty much completely and totally gone; the Alfa digest limps
along in a state of benign neglect, for the most part, largely because i
set it up so it could run on autopilot if necessary. the AROC ad is one of
the huge stack of aging issues that really bug me because i know that they
need to be dealt with.

on top of this, as a result of an email fiasco several weeks back, right
this minute my krusty-motorsports inbox has some 29,000+ messages in it,
and i'm gradually trying to cut it down to a more rational number.

i'm sorry that the aroc banner thing has cause as much stress and tension
as it apparently has. but the flip side is that the digest remains a hobby
to me; i've never billed AROC for the ad or collected any money for it. my
top priorities will remain my daughter, my wife and my business. i'll be
happy to try and straighten out the banner in the near future -- but right
now, i've got to take care of critical end-of-year business items before
the end of this week, when i go on vacation until the 28th.

sigh,
  richard