Great news from ARDONA [longish]

Hello Alfisti,

	Well, my big mouth did it again. [I have to blame somebody...]

	A few days ago, I posted a rather cynical e-mail about the demise of
ARDONA and their intent to pack up and flee.:o)

	I based this on outside information I received and some assumption on
my part after a conversation with Mr Brugnoli of ARDONA few weeks
before. My error. I learned a lot today.

	 (You wouldn't believe who reads this digest..)

	Just before leaving to talk to my new employers, my phone rang, (Sofia
was running in the carport) It was Mr. Brugnoli from ARDONA,(the head of
Alfa US) and he wasn't very pleased with my comments, He sounded more
personally hurt than angry, and wanted to know how ARDONA had failed me
so badly that I would write what I did. [ARDONA has always been good to
me, but like many others, I am frustrated by the pullout.]

	Long story short, I was very impressed that he cared enough to make the
call.

	He explained in detail the circumstances of Alfa's position in the USA,
and was very pleasant to talk to. He also explained why my comments were
unfounded.
	The good news is, from the source:

	1) ARDONA is here for the long haul, Minimum time until 2005,
	2) ARDONA is in better financial shape than ever before.
	3) They will continue to service us as long as it is economically
feasible.(in 	   other words, buy enough parts, they'll stay..)

I apologized for my comments. With that information, they weren't fair.
I'm a big kid and can admit it when I'm wrong, and here, I was.

- --

Bill Harkell--Tampa Florida
"Pity those who don't know the redline cry of an Alfa V-6" -Anon.
"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" -AmiSue1
Home page: http://pw2.netcom.com/~alfabill/welcome.htm