Spider heaters

<<<<<
I bought my spider in April.  Last weekend was the first time I've had an
opportunity to use the heater.  I was driving at night.  It was chilly with
the top down.  I turned the heater on.  It seemed to work okay, for awhile.
I stopped at a convenience store.  I left.  A few miles down the road, the
heater seemed not to be working to well.  By the time I reached my
destination, there was no heat (a 40 mile trip).

I remember a few Digests back there was a discussion on a rubber gasket in
the valve control.  When the gasket aged, it would swell up.  Then the
natural heat expansion from turning on the heater would gause the gasket to
swell enough to choke off the supply of water going to the heater core.

You may want to go back a few Digests and see if you can find this thread.

Good luck!

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 153k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 131k miles

End of alfa-digest V7 #315