Resetting Timing - Lessons Learned

Thanks Simon, et. al. for correcting my procedure for resetting the TDC
timing mark on an engine.

When I refurbished my gtv's "new" engine, I checked the timing pointer using
the method (dial indicator) I sent to AD.  I was always uncomfortable with
the "dead zone" but since the pointer seemed to be "right on" TDC (after
bisecting the degrees at which the piston was at top position), I didn't mess
with it.  The ideas of using a uniform deflection on the dial or a positive
stop are much better than my original proposal, thanks for the contribution
and for keeping me honest!!

Best Regards,

Bob Brady, DVAROC
Yardley, PA