important 164 brake update!!

`While at my hopefully future employer today, the Alfa tech was telling
me about a new thing from ARDONA (r.i.p.) regarding the 164 hard pedal
and slowly self applying brakes problem.

According to the ARDONA rep, alledgedly DOT 4 brake fluid reacts with
the rubber seals in the master cylinder and creates a gas of sorts which
expands when hot and presses the circuit for the RF/LR wheels.

They recommended flushing the DOT 4 and installing DOT 3 fluid to cure
the problem.

It's what i was told, YMMV. I'm going to try it because mine is doing
this again. Nearly locked up in Mexico!!! Trapped in Juarez, ugh!!!

Nothing like going backwards tech, huh? Better than buying another $112
master cylinder.

- --

Bill Harkell--Tampa Florida
"Pity those who don't know the redline cry of an Alfa V-6" -Anon.
"Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" -AmiSue1
Homepage: http://pw2.netcom.com/~alfabill/welcome.htm