Re: Spider Questions

Mr. Chapman:
I think that I know what your problem is.  I ran into something similar,
The problem I had is that my 74 Spider would not turn over.   I would not
get a sound from the starter, But the radio, lights, ect all worked. After
weeks after week of tracing wires, poring over wiring diagrams, and talking
to  Alfa part companies. I found out the problem.  There is a item called a
Electronic Interlock.  It is located under the dash board on the passenger
side.  This devilish devise (standard equipment on the 1974 models only)
was designed as a safety device.  In 1974, The government decided that a
car shouldn't start until a person was seated in the drivers seat with the
seat belt on. If the device is shorting out, all sorts of strange things
will go wrong,  All you need to do is bypass it with a wire from the
starter to the starter, to complete the circuit. and hopefully this will
take care of you problem.  Thanks to Steven at Centerline Alfa for helping
me on this!!!.  You might want to get the CD from IAP (pt# 10015) it had
the complete wiring diagram and was a great help.
Glenn