re: Subject: GTV6 tachs

tim, you said:
>I have two GTV6's, an '84 and an '86, and both tachometers are faulty in
>the same way.  One only goes up to 2k and the other to 3k.
=======================
this happened in my (and many others', i soon found out) gtwe6, and was caused
by the end of the needle bending towards the gage, enuff to actually hang it up.
i was able to straighten it by removing the gage from the car & carefully
heating up the needle w/a lighter, protecting the gage w/a piece of thin
cardboard between the gage & needle.  i wouldn't recommend pulling the needle
off the gage, unless you have one of those remote tachs to verify correct rpms -
could be problematical trying to reinstall the needle in the correct location.
anyway, the needle no longer as any trouble finding its way up to red-line!  :>)

hope this is all you need to do,

doug s.