Re:Alfa parts issues...long winded

a digester wrote...

> Bill,
>   I agree that Alfa dealers could do a better job of selling their own
> parts.  I have tried to use them as much as possible, but it's hard and
> getting worse.  More power to you if you could improve things.

First of all, Thanks to all who sent comments..I appreciate it.

[[[[PLEASE, read this in the tone intended, I am trying to do something
positive if this idea flies.]]]]

	One reason I quoted the above, is simply this. Many Alfa owners have
not come to grips with a simple fact.

	ARDONA is just waiting to finish up in the USA. I asked THEM. Ask the
Aussies about life without an importer. Parts are going to get tight.
Aftermarket will become more common. ARDONA has little motivation to
increase stock levels.
	Most "dealers" are losing interest because they are not making money on
Alfa parts. Some are. My idea is not a miracle pill. I am trying to make
a proposal to ease the pain, not cure the disease. The official supplier
for everyone in the USA is ARDONA. They are beginning to reduce their
inventory. If they don't have it, it will backorder. Purists will wait
for items if they want OEM. I am suggesting not to be a competitor to
the major catalogs, but to do as good a job as possible while it is
possible on a local scene and for mail order customers.

	In the future, it will not be a price issue. It will be a "can I get
one" issue.

	As a chemical sales rep, my customers seldom beat me up on price. They
wanted good product and service at a competetive market price. If I can
do something on this deal, it won't be to become the price leader or the
Alfa whore. It will be a function to operate as a parts supplier for
realistic stock and finding alternatives to items that ARDONA is out of.
A non Alfa part is better than no part.

	Any other input/sources/realistic ideas for parts wanted/ will be
appreciated.

These are my personal opinions and are not to be construed to be
otherwise.

Bill Harkell--Tampa Florida