Re: ATS wheel capsalfa-digest V7 #308

In a message dated 12/7/98 10:10:58 PM Central Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

> 'm in search of a center cap for the ATS alloy wheels on my '74 GTV.  A
>  full matching set would be preferred, but I lost one recently, so even just
>  one would be great.  These are chromed plastic, 70mm diameter by about 75mm
>  long, slightly tapered.  Anybody know where I might find a set?  I can't
>  find anyone who still sells ATS wheels.  One of my current caps has a
>  Porsche logo on it, so I've tried Porsche shops and they say it's not
>  a factory cap -- so this part must be specific to ATS.  My best guess is
>  that these wheels date from the late 70's.

I have a set of ATS on my 75 Spider.  4 or 5 years ago I found ATS still in
business somewhere in Michigan.  I was able...then...to buy a set of 4 caps
for (I think) about $36.  Not too long ago ATS wheels were still being sold by
discount tire in the auto mags.  Just my experience.

Jerry in Houston