'74 GTV prices

Hi,

The price of GTV seems to be fairly stable, if you go with Keith Martins
price guide in the Sportscar Market Letter. There does seem to be a
variable by region or state. I believe there are more GTV buyers in the
San Francisco Bay Area, than other parts of the U.S. where they may only
have ten Alfas in the entire state, and never heard of a GTV.

Since they are fairly sought after out here, the price quite naturally
goes up, as availability goes down. My '74 GTV went for a terribly low
price, because I was out of work and got a bit desparate. Good ones out
here, that have a fair amount of restoration done, seem to go for $7,000
to $12,000. I've seen askeing prices up to $15K. I know a guy in
Belmont, CA who has an Alfa shop. His GTV should easily bring $12,000.
There just aren't that many that are that nice, and happen to be for
sale. Most guys keep the very nice ones. As Dana more or less said, if
you give the car away, it makes the other examples worth a lot less.
Also, since the Alfas are in many cases a second car, the bargain
hunters don't have to have your pride and joy. That puts a cold bucket
of spit on your potential selling price.

Just my ramble
after giving away mine.
Bill Bergman