Oscillating tacho on 75 TS

My tachometer (and engine) has recently developed this problem of
oscillating (sometimes between 800-1000rpm and sometimes down to
700-1000rpm and stalling the car) when the car is stationary. This happens
almost after I start off the car as after driving for a while (and then
stopping the car), persisting anytime from tens of seconds to a few minutes
before it goes away.

I have replaced the air-flow meter unit (which includes the chip) with
another 75 TS's. The problem persists, however. Does anyone have any advice
on this? Could it be due to clogged fuel injectors?

Many thanks in advance.

J H Tay
'90 75 TS