The clutch M/C replacement from HELL

Greetings Alfisti!
          I have a slight problem with the replacement of the clutch M/c on my
beloved Alfie, my '87 Milano gold 2,5.I'm trying to take the allen head screws
out from under the dash which hold the M/C to the firewall and I am having
problems.................Got the bottom screw out okay,but I'm having trouble
getting the top screw out.I'm using a 6mm allen wrench;I've tried both the
straight allen wrench and the type which has the knob at the end so you can
swivel it slightly for a better grip,but I'm still not getting enough leverage
to loosen the screw.Admittedly, I've never done this before but the job
appears to be very straightforward.(I was going to rebuild the M/C,but got a
new one for Alfie at a price I couldn't refuse.)This one @##$$%^&*^+* screw is
holding up the entire job!
          Stupid question time,folks.I'm thinking of trying the type of allen
wrenches attached to a socket,and using a short extension to get enough room
to turn a ratchet.(Helped a friend with hooking up an ABS master cylinder on
his Verde;His car under the dash seems to have tons of room under it to work
compared to mine.Rather curious about this,any ideas?)Could definitely use
some feedback on this;I start a new job Monday and need the car.I'm going to
be out Sunday morning to see if my overnight application of rust buster helps
move this screw,and I'll look forward to any replies regarding this.
         Also, found a glaring discrepancy in my shop manual for the car.I
bought one of the factory shop manuals when I first purchased Alfie 2 1/2
years and 75,000 miles ago.I use it religiously;today when I started the
replacement, I noted that the clutch work section of my manual is a supplement
stuck in to the manual.The supplement is for a GTV6 (which is similar, and I
assume that's why it's in there),so many of the drawings shown don't appear
close to what I found under the dash of Alfie.  The underdash drawing in
particular.Seemed rather strange.............
         I look forward to any advice anyone can give.
Many thanks,
Terry and Sharon Akins
1987 Milano gold (Alfie)
1984 GTV6 (Vito)
...........now, back to the chrome plated girls wrestling in a vat of wheel
bearing grease while floating around in a haze of Halon.....................