high compression pistons

Greetings,

 I am rebuilding a 2 liter engine from a'76 spider and am trying to
decide which pistons/liners to install. It seems that both 10.1:1 and
10.4:1 pistons are available but I'm wondering if they are too high
compression to run well on premium pump gas. It would seem that
retarding the ignition timing to account for the pump gas could defeat
the purpose of the high compression pistons.

 Could anyone that has used either of the pistons in a street car tell
me if they've had either good or bad results with either of them?

Aside from any pre-ignition problems how was the performance different
from the standard 9.1:1 pistons? In what rpm ranges was the benefit?

Phil Williams
3 spiders and a platinum in upstate NY

Also, to the fellow that asked where the switch is for the milano
interrior lights: just push on either end of the lights. If they are
working properly you'll get it.