Hydrogen Embrittlement

This is what I have gotten from the platers. I recently had a lot of =
hardware from the Milano I parted out (I'm going to use this stuff on my =
GTV6) plated zinc and yellow. The plater advised me to anneal the parts =
in my home oven at 300 degrees for 3 hours, which I did. So far no =
problems. Don't know about wheels though.
Roger
P.S. anyone interested in plating hardware in the original zinc and =
yellow (chromate?) let me know and I'll put you in touch with the plater =
I used here in Mass. Fresh hardware looks great on rebuilt motors! I =
also have access to an outfit that does first class powder coating. You =
work out your own deal.
I have no financial interest - just passing it along.