Competition Advisory Service

In a message dated 11/3/98 9:09:33 PM Central Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 16:50:54 -0400
 From: Black <aeros@domain.elided>
 Subject: Competition Reference Handbook

 During the past few months I have been prodded by several serious AR
 enthusiasts to publish a 2nd edition of the "CRH"  that I wrote while at
 ARI Newark.  I have given the idea serious thought and subsequently
 spoken with a couple of local printers.  Id like to explain what I can
 offer:

 I have reviewed my original volume and included some previously
 unpublished pages, notes, specs, prices, and a few nostalgic memos. I
 have written an intro with a short history of the "Competition Advisory
 Service" of which the "CRH" was a part. There are 445 pages letter size
 format of motorsports technical information as used by the competitors
 who campaigned the mid 60s to mid 70s models in SCCA, APBA,IMSA,and NHRA
 events.  Unfortunately, since these reprints will be made from original
 pre-publication pages, they are not pristine, and include marginals,
 smudges, comments, and notes accumulated over time.

 The original binder was very expensive in its day, and would cost over
 $30 to replicate.  I feel that a 2" GBC type binder will be durable, and
 the cover will be the same as the original with the unique black/white
 logo of the racing program.  The original pages were red/green preprint
 mimeo stock with black ink imprints. Again, this is no longer
 economically  practical and all pages will be black on white.

 OK, now its time to find out the answer to a simple question:  Are there
 50 of you out there who are truly interested in having one of these
 volumes??  I must guarantee a quantity for the printer, and it seems
 that 50 is the minimal economic order quantity.  The cost is about the
 same as a good Italian dinner for two, and would look impressive on your
 library shelf.  The cost would be $75 postpaid in the US, overseas mail
 more.

 If you are interested, Id appreciate a simple two word reply to my
 lectric mail, just tell me "CRH Wanted". This is NOT an order!!!!!   If
 the response is sufficient, then Ill get back to you at that time and
 you can place an order.
 Just a two word reply please.

 Thank you

 Don Black