Re: Milano Clutch Disk Question.

Marcantonio Sandro <Sandro.Marcantonio@domain.elided> wrote:

>        Anyways, I have a couple questions.  On the v-6 clutch
> assembly.  Does the whole unit have to be replaced or can you
> just change the disk if you catch it soon enough ie, not blueing
> of the pressure plate etc.  Then, if that is possible, do you
> have to get the assembly balanced. Is it worth it
> to just replace the whole unit?  Monetarily, the disk costs 100
> bucks while the whole assembly is 685 dollars.  I've never
> changed just the disk so this is a question that is boggling me.

Well, one respected shop here in Seattle *used* to change just the disk.
At least I think they did. When the shop has a liquidation sale due to
the *death* of the owner, I bought a disk there.  I guess that I am
betting that it is ok to just do the disk.  I am very interested in
the answers you get...

G'day,
Jay

                                                Sincerely,