Milano Clutch Disk Question.

I'm getting ready to do some work on a few local v-6's this winter break
because we are without mechanics that work on Alfa's here in Denver since
my boss went to work for Land Rover and shut his shop of 25 years down.
So, I now have friends that I got to buy Alfas that are coming to me
and saying, what the hell do we do now you asshole(for service that is).
Just Joking.
	Anyways, I have a couple questions.  On the v-6 clutch assembly.  Does
the whole unit have to be replaced or can you just change the disk if you
catch it soon enough ie, not blueing of the pressure plate etc.  Then, if
that is possible, do you have to get the assembly balanced. Is it worth it
to just replace the whole unit?  Monetarily, the disk costs 100 bucks
while the whole assembly is 685 dollars.  I've never changed just the disk
so this is a question that is boggling me.

						Sincerely,

					Sandro Marcantonio
					Editor, La Veloce Vita
					1988 Milano Verde(99,600 mi)