Alfa mileage, Miami-area shops

Chip--
I lived in Boca almost 6 years and was very pleased with Stephen's Alfa in
Pompano.  Only had a Spider then.

My 164S has a new engine.  I was disappointed in the drop in MPG and with a
gas smell.  My shop here in Atlanta found seals had been left off the spark
plug wells, which were full of oil.  Also said I wasn't putting the gas cap
on right.  Still on my first tank since the work was done, so can't report
an improvement yet.

Sounds like seals might be part of your problem, too.  Good luck.

On another topic, I'm priming myself to tackle replacing motor mounts on the
'82 Spider.  Anyone want to talk me out of it or otherwise advise me?  Would
appreciate a general overview on what is involved and what is needed to
accomplish the job.

Steve
Mechanically Challenged in Atlanta