Milano vs 164

<<<<<
I'll let someone else tell you why a Milano is better than a 164.

Okay, this Milano owner will answer the challenge (hey, I've been on
vacation and just now catching up on Digesti!)

<<<<<
1) Pininfarina styling (enough said)

Quirky central dash endears the car to you as you hit the gearshift while
trying to change the radio station.

<<<<<
2) Water pump lasts forever rather than 30K miles

No stepper motors.

<<<<<
3) 2nd gear synchros last forever rather than 30K miles

Learn to shift <g>.  (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

<<<<<
4) No driveshaft to worry about re-balancing nor guibo self-destructing

Okay... (although the automatic transmission version seems to go very easy
on guibos.)

<<<<<
5) Normal human seating position rather than "Ergonomics By Apes, Inc"
design

One word: Recaro.

<<<<<
6) Power steering pump & rack retains most of it's fluid

But where's the fun in freaking out the Jiffy Lube workers when they try to
figure out just what fluid to top off the reservoir with?  (Better
variation: get all the labels under the hood reprinted in Italian.  Only
Italian.)

<<<<<
7) No requirement for snow tires in Winter (although still recommended)

No snow in Arkansas.

<<<<<
8) 100% galvanized unibody

See above.

<<<<<
9) No "Project Milano" article series to (occasionally) look forward to
in the Alfa Owner

No fun.

<<<<<
Suffice it to say, when you do have to work under the hood of the 164, you
will spend 2 to 3 times longer to complete the same (or similar) task, and
sacrifice 5 to 6 times more blood.

Enough said <g>.

Of course, all of my comments are tongue-in-cheek.  I've driven a 164L, and
I like them, but I love my Milano (and I'm damned impressed with my GTV-6!)

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "Snow Hawk", 153k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falcone", 131k miles