Re:hair care in a Spider

Scott Harris writes:>
>Has anybody tried to fit one of those mesh or fiberglass partitions
>that fits behind the seats and is supposed to help to reduce the wind
>buffeting when the top is down?

Other Spider owners have asked me about these. I personnally don't think
they would look too good on our Spiders.  Something about mixing classic
lines with new after-market add-ons.  People who ride in mine (the top is
almost always down) often remark about how little buffeting there is and
ask why.  I think it is because I have the Veloce style full boot cover.
There is apparently a substantial difference in the wind patterns that
develop between the full cover and the older style or Graduate style
cover.  I recommend that you try riding in Spiders with each type of boot
cover.  I also recommend you check into prices (IAP I know carries them)
for the full cover that is practically stock, before you spend that kind
of money on aftermarket items, that may better work on a (gasp) Miata
:^)

Gordy Hyde
1987 Spider Veloce
NWARC
Bothell, Washington

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]