GTV6 wipers running too slowly

Another forwarded message for Graeme...

There have recently been a couple of people asking about fixes for
slow-running wipers on GTV6...... Jaap in AD no.287 and Bob in
no.290.  I haven't got a GTV6 but in most cars I've found it's just
due to small voltage drops across poor connections and contacts
in the live path and/or the earth path between battery and wiper
motor.  It can often be a bunch of fractional drops at various
points which together add up to quite a few volts lost across the
motor. Usual culprits are fuseholder, motor grounding, and
column switch contacts, but sometimes loom connectors too.
Easiest way to get them is to run along the live and the earth
paths with a voltmeter while the motor's running and see which
areas are the biggest offenders, then go for those.
In Jaap's case, he measured about 11.5V at the motor..... that's well
down, assuming the battery voltage was close to 14.  Finding the
dropped 2 or 3 volts should really speed up his wipers I would
think.

Regards all,
Graham Hilder,
N.Z.