What's this wire do?

Some of you may remember a while ago I posted a message about my Spider
(1987 Graduate) tootin its horn randomly and without my consent, usually
just  after I started the motor up.   Well after getting some kicks out of
this for a few weeks, this past weekend I finally decided to fix this
problem after a nasty encounter with an enraged driver who had trouble
believing the car toots its own horn so to speak.  Anyway, after removing
the horn assembly on the steering wheel, I found a frayed wire which was
also loose and proved to be the source of the problem.  The issue now is I
do not know what this wire does?  I applied electrical tape to repair the
frayed insulation & to the uncovered end.  The horn & everything else
works perfectly as before without this wire being connected to anything.
The wire is covered with a pinkish purple insulation, runs next to a blue
wire, on the right hand side of the steering wheel.  Anybody know what
this wire is & what it needs to be connected to?

Thanks for your help,
Alberto