Re: alfa-digest V7 #288

From: Alfisto@domain.elided

>How come the ARA of N. Cal and past president Dan Przybylski got their names
>mentioned in the credits of last night's three hour special on the Internet
>and the Net-nerds who made mega-millions in two years or less, on PBS? (What,
>you didn't see it, and host Bob Cringeley driving around Silicon Valley in a
>cherry Duetto?).

ARA was mentioned, and Dan P. in particular, because he was instrumental
in securing the said cherry Duetto for the host to cruise around in. I
guess that's the big thing in Silicon Valley documentaries. Remember the
similarly titled "Triumph of the Nerds" a few years ago? The host in that
one cruised around in a red convertible of some sort. I think it was an
early Thunderbird (but post "T-Bird") or some other Detroit iron.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| jack@domain.elided   |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |  You will be wise not to seek too much      |
| Livermore, CA		      |      from others. - Fortune cookie          |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |