Re: question - GTV6 Clutch

When I had my clutch replaced last year I also experienced the on/off
problem.  I brought my car back to the shop and they took care of it.  If I
remember right, the system needed to be bled.

I also went from the double plate clutch to a single and the feel is very
different.  The old clutch was firm, almost heavy.  The new one felt like
nothing.  I think part of the difference is simply that clutches tend to
get heavier as they wear.  The newer clutch has firmed up a bit since
replacement.

>Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:49:57 -0800
>From: "David Gurevich" <dgurevich@domain.elided>
>Subject: question - GTV6 Clutch
>
>I just had the clutch replaced (by a reputable garage)in my '83 GTV6 (after
>about 77K miles). Now the thing has the "on/off" action. And when I engage,
>there is quite a bit of vibration, not the way it used to be before - nice
>and smooth. In addition the feel of the pedal has changed. It used to be
>firm. Now it feels like there is nothing there. No feeling at all. Is that
>normal? The car had the 2 plate clutch before and it has one now.

 Robert Abatecola       | Software Development, Network Consulting,
 The Stradivarian Group | Database Development (4D, FoxPro, FMPro,
 (408) 257-4482         | PowerBuilder), Internet Connectivity,
 robert@domain.elided       | Macintosh/UNIX/Windows